City of Gibraltar
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
City Phone – (734) 676-3900
Dorothy Wood, Museum Steward – (734) 675-9633
29450 Munro Avenue
2nd Floor (of City Hall)
Gibraltar, MI 48173
1st Sunday of every month 2pm-4pm or by appointment. Special tours given by request.
The museum is always accepting donations and/or loans of photos, items or anything pertaining to Gibraltar’s history.
To finish our Carlson High School yearbook collection we are looking for the following books:
The museum can be found on Facebook the Pure Michigan website and is also a member of the Library Networks Michigan Activity Pass.
“Gibraltar Our Story” and “Images of America – Gibraltar” are available for purchase. All proceeds help fund the museum.
War of 1812 Battle of Brownstown fought where Carlson High School is today.
Gibraltar established March 17, 1837.
Gibraltar became a village in 1954. First Village President Hy Dahlka.
Gibraltar became a city in 1961. First Mayor Charles Shumate.